Anne Lyle was born in what is popularly known as “Robin Hood Country”, and grew up fascinated by English history, folklore, and swashbuckling heroes. Unfortunately there was little demand in 1970s Nottinghamshire for diminutive swordswomen, so she studied sensible subjects like science and languages instead.
It appears, however, that although you can take the girl out of Sherwood Forest, you can’t take Sherwood Forest out of the girl. She now spends practically every spare hour writing – or at least planning – fantasy fiction about dashing swordsmen and scheming spies, set in alternate pasts or imaginary worlds.
She prides herself on being able to ride a horse, sew a sampler and cut a quill pen but hasn’t the least idea how to drive one of those new-fangled automobile thingies. Paradoxically she is a big fan of 21st century technology, being a Mac geek and full-time web developer. Well, it’s the nearest thing you can get to magic in our own universe…
- Skiffy and Fanty Reading Rangers #4 – The Vor Game (November 2017)
- Skiffy and Fanty Ep 226 – interview (October 2014)
- The Book Club – interview (January 2013)
- Roundtable Podcast Episode 17 (June 2012)
- Pens and Ink, on Skiffy and Fanty (January 2018)
- My Favourite Bit, on Mary Robinette Kowal’s blog (December 2012)
- The Big Idea, on John Scalzi’s blog (March 2012)